Kitten Corner is a registered, small pro quality of life, non-profit organization, dedicated to helping the abandoned/neglected or abused and feral kittens. KC consists entirely of dedicated volunteers with no source of outside funding.
The organisation’s main objectives are to:
- Help rehabilitate abandoned and abused kittens Provide a safe and loving haven for these kittens until approved homes have been found.
- Provide a safe and loving haven for expectant mothers when possible.
- Hand-raise kittens that have lost their mothers or have been abandoned in dustbins, on highways, in boxes etc.
- Socialize feral kittens that are young enough (6 weeks of age) and home them.
- Advise members of the public on cat and kitten behavioral problems
- Ensure that all adopted kittens go through our adoption process, which includes: 1st vaccination, 1st de-worming, Sterilization at 5 months of age – male and female
- Give guidance and/or advice to the new owners on the care and health of their new kitten/kittens.
- Continue to educate members of the public on responsible pet ownership and humane methods of dealing with cat colonies and strays.
- Advise members of the public in the trapping of feral cats for the purpose of sterilizing them and subsequently returning them to their territory, and in certain exceptional cases, such as sickness, removing them from their territory.
- Work with other animal welfare organizations when requested to assist in caring for kittens.
Please note kittens are only homed at 8 weeks of age, nothing younger.
R370.00 includes 1st vaccination at 8 weeks, 1st deworming at 8 weeks, sterilization at 5 months of age at one of our participating clinics.
Junior Member: R30.00 per year
Pensioner: R30.00 per year
Family: R250.00 per year
Life: R1500.00 once off
Judy Warren (Chairperson)
Cell: 074 2151490
Email: JudyW@naptosa.org.za, firstname.lastname@example.org
Caron van Schalkwyk (Kitten Coordinator and Treasurer)
Cell: 082 577 8809
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Karen Badenhorst (Vice Chaireperson & Public Relations)
Cell: 084 688 5764
Tanya Grobler (Web Compliments/Complaints)
Cell: 012 331 1814
Caron van Schalkwyk (Advice and queries)
Surei Botha (Fundraising)
Cell: 083 478 9198
Monica Longhurst (Fundraising)
Branch Code: 632005
Account Number: 91 3353 8846